Here are some easy, common sense ways to protect your family from H1N1 Swine Flu, Seasonal Flu, colds, and other viruses. Let me know if you and your family implement these tips or others.
- Frequent hand-washing (well highlighted in all official communications) . This is not a joke. Make it a ritual habit…make it part of your daily routine… DO NOT BE LAZY!!! You can also carry with your Purell Wipes & gel for when you are out and about with no soap and water available.
- “Hands-off-the- face” approach. Resist all temptations to touch any part of face. Does anyone have handy ways to teach toddlers and kids this rule?
- warm salt water (use Listerine if you don’t trust salt). *H1N1 takes 2-3 days after initial infection in the throat/ nasal cavity to proliferate and show characteristic symptoms. Simple gargling prevents proliferation. In a way, has the same effect on a healthy individual that Tamiflu has on an infected one. Don’t underestimate this simple, inexpensive and powerful preventative method. twice a day with
- Clean your nostrils at least once every day with warm salt water. Blowing the nose hard once a day and swabbing both nostrils with cotton buds dipped in warm salt water is very effective in bringing down viral population. Saline solution spray, obtainable in any pharmacy may also be effective.
- Boost your natural immunity with foods that are rich in Vitamin C, and citrus fruits. If you supplement with Vitamin C tablets, make sure that it also has Zinc to boost absorption.
- Drink as much of warm liquids as you can. Drinking warm liquids has the same effect as gargling, but in the reverse direction. They wash off proliferating viruses from the throat into the stomach where they cannot survive, proliferate or do any harm.
Comment Via Facebook