Being an mom to a very cute but very busy 21 month old I have to say that safety and security is a huge concern of mine when I think of the upcoming Summer months of playing outside and traveling. I mean J-girl is my world and I worked really hard to bring her into this family so I hate thinking that something could happen to her and I couldn’t find her…my reoccurring nightmare!
I was reading my latest parenting magazine and saw an amazing product, SafetyTat®, the tats that bring kids back®. I immediately thought that these products could bring some much needed assurance to me and ladies I was right! These little SafetyTat tattoos are awesome! I wanted to share with you my experience with SafetyTat’s so that your family can have a smart and safe answer for this Summer as well!
What exactly are SafetyTat’s?
SafetyTat’s are medical grade, hypoallergenic, latex-free temporary tattoos for children that when applied to their arm will help aid in bringing them back to their parents and give any medical information until the parents are reconnected with the child. SafetyTats are perfect for when at parks, airports, playgrounds, museums, shopping malls, field trips, pools, traveling etc.. A must have safety accessory for every diaper bag, purse, wallet!
The idea for SafetyTat temporary child ID tattoos was born of necessity one weekend at an amusement park. On Labor Day Weekend, Baltimore Mom, Michele Welsh and her husband, there with their three small children, felt out-numbered. To stave her panic, she quickly wrote her mobile phone number on each of their arms with a ballpoint pen. As she did this, she thoughtfully explained to each of them the importance of staying close to Mommy and Daddy. She also told them that if they were separated that the number on their arm was a way to reconnect with them.
Throughout the day of fun, Michele had to rewrite the number several times as it smeared or washed off. Several parents in the park stopped her to ask if that was her number on the kids’ arms. Each time, they loved the idea. -taken from SafetyTat’s website
Yep, this brilliant idea was started by a fellow mom! Love it!
How do SafetyTat’s work?
There are a couple of different products that SafetyTat offers, I was lucky to review two of their most popular SafetyTat’s the Original SafetyTat and the Quick Stick Write On! SafetyTat tattoos.
The Original SafetyTat works just like a regular temporary tattoo that kids wear, there is a film cover to remove and then you place the SafetyTat facing down, apply water with a paper towel or other cloth like product and then let the tattoo dry before letting the child touch it. Very easy to apply as long as you have a water source near by!
7 Things I like about Original SafetyTats:
- when applied with water the Original SafetyTats will last 1-5 days (recommended to apply new one every day) but J-Girl has had hers on for 3 days and although is worn you can still see the contact phone number
- The Original SafetyTat temporary safety ID tattoo are preprinted with one line of customization or two lines. Choose your design, select a quantity, and add your phone number (they have VERY cute designs available for girls and boys)
- they offer “Tatbuilder” so you can create your own CUSTOM Original SafetyTat
- great price for the quantity of SafetyTats you receive ( 30 for $19.99)
- SafetyTats are the perfect size for all kids and they love to wear them because they are tattoos!! (Original SafetyTats measure 2.25″ x 0.875″)
- Original SafetyTats if stored properly can last for 1 year
- they also have Original SafetyTats that can be used for special needs children, medical alerts such as allergies/diabetic etc.
The Quick Stick Write On! SafetyTat works just like a bandaid and is made with their proprietary tattoo material, Tateck®, this ultra-durable skin safe applique “tattoo” sticker is waterproof and is very durable lasting up to 2 weeks or until you remove it.
7 Things I like about Quick Stick Write On! SafetyTats:
- No need for water to apply and older kids can apply the Quick Stick Write On! SafetyTat themselves (T-boy who is 8 had no problem applying it)
- waterproof! perfect for the Summer months of sweating and swimming etc.
- the Quick Stick Write On! tattoos come BLANK so that you can write in whatever you want!
- you will receive a waterproof black marking pen so that you can write on the tattoo whatever information you need
- great price for such a durable product (18 pack $19.99 and includes 1 black marker pen)
- size is bigger than Original SafetyTat (3″ x 1″)
- Hypoallergenic, latex-free, soy-free and nut-free but do not use if you have known skin allergies or sensitive skin.
Both the Original SafetyTat and the Quick Stick Write On! SafetyTat are great products so check out their website for more information, sign up for their newsletter,purchase products. You can also like SafetyTat® on Facebook.
SafetyTat Coupon Code
SafetyTat has offered AkronOhioMoms.com readers a coupon code to take 10% off your $15.00 or more purchase now through June 24th, 2011! Check out their secure website to purchase the must have Summer accessory of 2011!! Coupon code is AkronOhioMoms
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to SafetyTat who provided the products for review and giveaway.