Do you love to cook and bake? I love cooking and am expanding my baking skills. Last Thanksgiving I made homemade apple pies and the recipe called for some vinegar. So I grabbed some white vinegar and got baking. My pies turned out fine but I have a way to give them an extra special kick of flavor with Nakano’s Seasoned rice vinegars.
About Nakano’s Seasoned Rice Vinegars
Rice vinegar is is made from whole grain rice and is brewed in a traditional process that is over 200 years old. These seasoned vinegars have a shelf life of 2 years,you can take your time enjoying them or use them in everything! Nakano’s Rice Vinegars are gluten free and should be refrigerate after first use.
Nakano Flavor options
I love that Nakano offers a variety of flavors so you can use them in all your cooking and baking needs. The available flavors are Natural Rice Vinegar, Original Seasoned Rice Vinegar, Roasted Garlic Seasoned Rice Vinegar,Basil & Oregano Seasoned Rice Vinegar,Citrus Seasoned Rice Vinegar, Mango Seasoned Rice Vinegar,Red Pepper Seasoned Rice Vinegar, and Balsamic Blend Seasoned Rice Vinegar.
Uses for Nakano Seasoned Vinegars
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. brown sugar packed
- 3 cups honey crisp or granny smith 1/4” dice, 1-2 large apple
- 1/4 cup NAKANO Citrus Seasoned Rice Vinegar*
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup granola no fruit
- 6 mini Mason jars 4 oz., cleaned
- These delicious pies in a jar are made with Nakano Citrus Seasoned Vinegar. It's a great single serving of pie!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In saucepot, add butter and brown sugar and heat until it bubbles, 4-5 minutes. Add diced apples, Nakano Citrus Seasoned Rice Vinegar*, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water and add to the apple mixture.
- Cook apple mixture until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and spoon into jars. Fill jars up to the bottom lip, reserving room for the granola. Add 2-3 tablespoons of granola to the top of the jars.
- Place jars on sheet tray and bake for 4-6 minutes, until granola is golden brown. Serve warm or room temperature.
Buy Or Win Your Own
You can purchase Nakano Seasoned Vinegars directly online, on Amazon below, locally at Walmart and Giant Eagle. Here is a coupon for $0.50 off a bottle to try! Two of you wonderful readers will win each a bottle of Nakano Mango and Citrus to use in your own kitchen!
a Rafflecopter giveaway