Once the temperatures start to drop outside, the oven in my kitchen starts to heat up as I start preparing more baked desserts and treats. Fall is my favorite time of year to get creative in the kitchen with fall favorite flavors of apples, pumpkin, toffee, cinnamon, pecans, caramel, and more.
I received product and a promotional item to facilitate this post.
Caramel Apple Pizza Recipe
I just found a tasty recipe on PillsburyBaking.com for Caramel Apple Pizza – what could be better than an enormous caramel apple dessert?! Yum!
This recipe is super easy to make, even my kids enjoyed helping me with it. It’s ready in just 1 hour and only takes 30 minutes of prep time. There are only a few key ingredients, including the new Pillsbury Caramel Apple Cake Mix and Pillsbury Caramel Apple Frosting.
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Caramel Apple Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Caramel Apple Flavored Frosting divided
- 1 package cream cheese softened, 8 oz.
- 1 large Granny Smith apple cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toffee baking bits
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 12-inch pizza pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Stir cake mix, oil and egg in large bowl until blended.
- Pat evenly onto prepared pizza pan to form crust.
- BAKE 14 to 16 minutes until edges are golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
- BEAT 1/2 cup frosting and cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Spread evenly over crust.
- Layer apples evenly over frosting mixture.
- Heat remaining frosting in small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 15 seconds.
- Drizzle over pizza.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits - optional - I didn't add this.
How easy is that?! With just a few key ingredients, you can make a homemade dessert that looks like it took hours to make – not just 1/2 hour of prep time!
I took this Caramel Apple Pizza to a party over the weekend and everyone raved about how gorgeous it was and how delicious. It is the perfect size for parties as it is the size of an entire pizza, about 16 slices. This recipe would be perfect for anytime this Fall and even for Thanksgiving.
The Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Caramel Apple Flavored Frosting is divine! It is hard to resist as it taste so good. I like how easy it was to warm up and drizzle on top of the dessert. I can find many, many recipes that will include this frosting this Fall! It would be a nice treat with fresh cut apples for after-school or anytime for snacking.
Here is a quick tip when preparing this recipe, give your apples a little lemon juice bath to keep them from browning on your dessert – or anytime you pre-cut apples before eating.
Check out this and other Fall favorite recipes like the Toasted Marshmallow Blossoms, Orange Pecan Sticky Bun Bites, Caramel Apple Bars, and Cranberry Almond Crumb Muffins on Pillsbury website.
Connect socially with Pillsbury on Facebook and on Pinterest.