This Japanese Stir Fry Soup recipe is a sponsored collaboration with Mizkan and the Forward Influence Network. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
This Japanese Stir Fry Soup recipe is a hearty soup that is fast and easy to make even on a busy weeknight. Full of vegetables and flavor, it is sure to become a family favorite! Customize it with your favorite vegetables. You can enjoy authentic Japanese flavors even if you have limited experience in the kitchen too thanks to Mizkan vinegar and sauces.
We love using Mizkan vinegar and sauces because they instantly turn ordinary vegetables into delicious Japanese cuisine that tastes like it took hours to make – not just 30 minutes!
Scroll to bottom of post for printable version.
Japanese Stir Fry Soup Recipe Ingredients
- 2 tbsp Mizkan Ponzu Citrus Seasoned Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Mizkan Mirin
- 2 tbsp Mizkan Natural Rice Vinegar
- 1 cup red, orange, or green bell pepper diced large
- 1/2 cup carrots julienne or thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup onion (red or yellow) diced large
- 6 oz fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb chicken thinly sliced
- 8 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 14 oz stir fry rice noodles or Yaki Udon noodles
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp green onions or scallions
Japanese Stir Fry Soup Recipe Instructions
- In a small bowl combine Mizkan Ponzu Citrus Seasoned Soy Sauce, Mizkan Sweet Mirin, and Mizkan Natural Rice Vinegar.
- Heat large sauté pan. Add oil, onions, and mushrooms sauté for 1 minute over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, chicken, and ginger powder. Cook for 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add red peppers, carrots, and spinach. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add cooked rice noodles and the Mizkan sauce blend. Cook for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add broth and bring to simmer.
- Garnish with green onions.
This recipe is adapted from their Yaki Udon Noodles recipe. I couldn’t find Udon noodles in a family size so I opted for rice noodles. Plus, although we love broccoli, we prefer spinach in our stir fry. What I love about stir fry recipe is that you can really load up on plenty of vegetables and kids love it! With Mizkan, you don’t have to worry about buying an expensive sauce either. Mizkan products are priced really well and are very easy to use. It is the secret ingredient that turns a skillet of vegetables from ordinary vegetables that kids won’t eat into delicious Japanese cuisine that tastes like it is restaurant made! Go to http://bit.ly/WhereToBuy_Mizka to find where to buy any of Mizkan vinegars and sauces.
I hope your family will enjoy our Japanese Stir Fry Soup as much as my family does!
This Japanese soup recipe is very easy to make. The secret is in the sauce – it’s always in the sauce, isn’t it?!
Mizkan Mirin is my new favorite! It is a tasty trio of sweet, sour and bitter that turns boring into extraordinary. I sat it on the table when we ate so we could season to each of our taste. A little goes a long way but it is soooo good. It can be used in warm or cold dishes, just like the rice vinegar. Beyond my stir fry soup recipe, Mirin is used as a key component in teriyaki sauce, braised meat and vegetables, tuna poke, miso ramen soup, and stir-fried udon noodles recipes.
Mizkan is a brand that is new to me and America but not new to the culinary world. In fact, Mizkan is the #1 Rice Vinegar Brand in Japan*! It works great in my soup recipe as well as for sushi, marinades, salad dressing, and stir fry dishes. I love that it adds a ton of flavor with no added calories too.
*INTAGE SRI. Rice Vinegar Accumulated Sale Revenue 2014 – 2018.
Go to http://bit.ly/WhereToBuy_Mizkan to find where to buy any of Mizkan vinegars and sauce.