When I was pregnant with J-Girl and registering for gifts, I thought I was kind of picky about what I added. I was only going to do this once and I wanted to register for not only cute things but practical & functional gifts that I could use in our home/nursery. We didn’t really give much thought when it came to picking out a diaper disposal system and just picked a standard, inexpensive diaper trashcan/pail-I mean we all know what it is going to hold….yuck! I didn’t think it really mattered but boy was I wrong!!
Is there such a thing as a WRONG diaper pail?
We had received the diaper pail WE registered for (no liners to worry about-was under $20.00-had a little air freshener disc-and what we thought a nice opening release button) didn’t think twice about it as we put the large round diaper pail next to the changing table . Well after just a few months of changing J-Girl diapers we started to have second thoughts about the diaper pail we had picked out. We noticed that after about 2 days of JUST pee diapers in the pail the whole nursery and the upstairs hallway smelled HORRIBLE (porta-john smell comes to mind)! We couldn’t put any dirty diapers in the pail–we had to dispose of them right after we finished changing the baby. Crazy, I know! We were using a smelly, non-functional diaper pail for WAY too long!
Best Diaper Pail
So now that J-Girl is 18 months we have finally found the perfect, and by perfect I mean a Fully Functional, Aesthetically Pleasing, Non Smelling diaper pail! Oh dear readers-it is wonderful and I cannot deny my love for my Diaper Genie II Elite Advanced Diaper Disposal System! It is an amazing product that I feel every nursery/home needs!! If you are struggling with your current diaper pail or maybe thinking about purchasing a diaper pail system for yourself or family/friend then I urge you to consider the Diaper Genie® II Elite!
Playtex® Diaper Genie® II Elite
Not only is Diaper Genie® II Elite the #1 selling diaper disposal system in protecting against unwanted germs and odors, but it’s also the Winner of American Baby’s “Best of the Year” Award for 10 Years. Playtex® is a well-known and trusted brand that has been manufacturing products for families for many years and I love that they stand by their products and have great customer service!
Playtex Diaper Genie II Elite Hands On Review
Top 5 things that I liked most about the Playtex Diaper Genie II Elite:
- Ergonomic Design– being a tall mom at 6’1″ it is sometimes difficult to find baby gear that doesn’t hurt my back because of bending down far to use it. With the Diaper Genie® II Elite it has a foot pedal that allows for easy, hands free disposal of the diaper…my back is much happier now!
- Size & Design– Diaper Genie® II Elite is tall and narrow so it can fit perfectly in between a wall and changing table but it also has an aesthetically pleasing design that it looks cool just sitting in the nursery by itself (can you tell I love it). I felt the need to hide my old diaper pail when company came since it was so obvious what it was and most of the time stinky…
- Liners– Diaper Genie® II Elite holds quite a few diapers and also pull ups which will be nice when we have to fit those in as well as smaller diapers with future babies. The liners are also very easy to install and I have found coupons to use on future refill liner packages. yay!For those of you wondering how many diapers Diaper Genie® II Elite holds…It seals 270 Newborn diapers, 233 #1 diapers, 192 #2 diapers, 176 #3 diapers, 144 #4 diapers and 105 #5 diapers. WOW! If you do need to empty out the pail (but not replace the liner) there is a nice feature where you can take out a section of the liner and then tie off the end you’ve cut and start filling it up again!
- Seals Odors In-Diaper Genie® II Elite has patent pending double-lock pail design and with the multi-layer refill it seals in the bad odor and germs so I no longer have that nasty porta-john smell in my upstairs hall or in J-Girls nursery. Oh, and I happily report that after 3 days of pee AND dirty diapers in the Diaper Genie® II Elite, it doesn’t smell like dirty diapers anywhere upstairs! Life is good!!
- Safety– with our old diaper pail I was always worried that J-Girl would be able to open it and eat the air freshener disc or get her hand or arm stuck or even fall in it! I love that I don’t have to worry about ANY of those things with the Diaper Genie® II Elite since even when it is open there is no way for her to reach it to get her head or body in it and she can’t get to the dirty diapers since there is a double-lock pail design.Another great thing about this Diaper Genie® II Elite is that although it is strong like Ft. Knox for dirty smelly diapers it is also easy and simple enough for my stepson T-boy to use when he assists in diaper disposal duty or for when the grandparents are here watching the kiddos. 🙂
I hope that if you are in need of a new diaper pail system or know of someone who is looking to register or purchase a diaper pail system that you will try Playtex® Diaper Genie® II Elite and “smell” for yourself the difference! Corny but true!! I can’t believe that I have been missing out on this amazing product for the past 18 months but feel fortunate that I have “seen the light” and can have a wonderful smell-free diapering experience for the rest of my mommy diapering days. Thanks to Playtex® for allowing me to review the Diaper Genie® II Elite…I am so grateful!
Buy Diaper Genie® II Elite
You can buy the Diaper Genie® II Elite at nationwide retailers including Toys R Us, Playtex online store, Target, Kmart, and Amazon.com for about $35.
Win 3 Playtex Premium Drop-In Nurser Bottles (Cl0sed)
Updated: 4-19-11 Winner Announced: Congratulations, Trina Coleman.
Playtex is offering one lucky winner another one of their fabulous products, a 3 pack of Playtex Premium Drop-In Nurser 8-10 oz. bottles. $15 value
Also, get a $1.00 off coupon that is good for the Playtex® bottles and drop-in liners on Playtex Facebook page.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on April 16, 2011 when a winner will be drawn at random and announced the next day. When commenting, please include your email address (not visible to public). I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond!
“Energizer Personal Care is providing the prize(s) for this promotion at no cost to me. This promotion is not being administered or sponsored in any way by Energizer Personal Care or its affiliates, but solely by Akronohiomoms.com. Any questions or comments regarding this promotion must be sent to me at Akronohiomoms.com and not to Energizer Personal Care.”