When my kids are sick and feel hot to the touch, I want to immediately know their temperature. If my kids are feeling especially sick, getting their temperature taken is a challenge. They even complain that it hurts to have it under their armpit or in their mouth. This is a problem, mom wants to know their temperature and kids are fighting it.
How to Use Temporal Artery Thermometer
There is a new product that makes taking your kid’s temperature simple and non evasive. The Exergen TemporalScanner allows you to take your child’s temperature in just 2 seconds! Like hospitals, this technology measures body temperature by capturing heat emitted over the temporal artery. Simply slide the Exergen TemporalScanner across the forehead to the hairline while pressing the rubber scan button. You will have your child’s temperature reading in just seconds, well before your child even has time to know what happened.
This is a very easy way to take your kid’s temperature during the day and especially at night. You won’t have to wake your sick child up at night to take their temperature anymore. Just be sure to wait 30 seconds between scans to get accurate results.
The results are consistent and accurate. Using the Exergen TemporalScanner will give you results within +0.2F. This is a more accurate reading than you are getting with an oral, rectal, axillary – under the arm, or tympanic – in the ear thermometers. I have used various brands over the years, some are difficult to use. The Exergen TemporalScanner lets you know if you have an accurate scan, it will make a soft beep to inform you that the scan was done correctly and is complete.
Why I like the Exergen TemporalScanner
- It’s accurate. So many times I have to take and retake my child’s temperature when placed under their arm because they move around too much or in their mouth because it doesn’t stay under their tongue the whole time. I like knowing that this is a device that will give me accurate results within 0.2F and even if I had to retake the temp, it only takes a couple seconds, not frustrating minutes.
- Convenience – This is so much easier to use for both mom and kids with quick results. I can take their temperature without waking them up or fusing with the thermometer.
Like Exergen on Facebook
Follow Exergen on Twitter
Buy the Exergen TemporalScanner
You can buy the Exergen TemporalScanner nationwide at Walmart, Toys R Us, Sam’s Club, Costco, and Walgreens for less than $50.
Win the Exergen TemporalScanner (Cl0sed)
You have the chance to win a Exergen TemporalScanner.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:
* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on March 15, 2012 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond or another winner will be selected!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Exergen who provided the products for review and giveaway.