With the beautiful weather we have had these past few days it has been so nice to be able to be outside as a family! It has been interesting seeing J-Girl (19 months) exploring things outside and testing her freedom from being held by us or strapped into a stroller which she is SO over now!
I was really starting to get nervous about the upcoming summer months with her if she was not going to be able to enjoy being contained in her stroller or wagon at T-Boys baseball games or family trips to the zoo etc. I had been given a backpack carrier by a friend but it was not attractive by any means and since it was used and quite a few years old she didn’t have the instructions for it and it wasn’t very user friendly at all!! I liked the idea of a backpack carrier but wanted it to be functional for us and comfy and fun for J-Girl. I found a perfect solution with kokopax® backpack carriers!
Getting to know kokopax®
kokopax,llc. was founded in 2007 in Henderson, Nevada by Sarah Spoor, a mother of four children. Sarah was inspired by the vintage lightweight carriers her parents used when she was a child. Sarah and her husband immediately realized the amazing benefits of being able to carry their children in a backpack while still being able to care for their other children and continue to partake in their everyday activities. The baby backpack carrier became a necessity for everyday life. kokopax® is a new take on classic style but with a contemporary design to make daily life easier for families going places in style. kokopax® in addition to carriers they also have cute diaper bag totes, children’s sun hats, and organic accessories for their carriers as well. Oh and kokopax® carriers were just featured on the Ellen show for their Mother’s Day show. So cool!
kokopax® Classic Carrier Review
When I received the carrier to review I was pretty excited! Since J-Girl is 19 months I wanted to make sure that I would be able to get good use out of it this Spring/Summer before she hits the 35 lb / 2 year old warning guidelines. If you are looking for a backpack carrier I strongly suggest you check out kokopax’s line of carriers. They have 3 carriers in their line which are as follows; the city carrier™, classic carrier™ and eco-classic carrier™. I was lucky enough to review their classic carrier™ and would love to share with you all the benefits of having a kokopax® carrier for your family.
Things I love about the classic carrier™ from kokopax®:
- Carrier weighs approximately 2.7 lbs using anodized aluminum (T-boy who is 8 didn’t mind carrying it to help out)
- Fits in the car perfectly-doesn’t take up near as much space as my stroller!
- Keeps J-Girl safely contained with the 5 point harness system
- Gives me use of both of my hands to do lots of other things in my day to day activities
- All straps are adjustable to adjust the frame to each individual user
- Includes a padded waist belt and shoulder straps for extra support and comfort for parents
- Fun,contemporary fabric styles available (great for dad’s too…hubby loved wearing the carrier!)
- Fits in overhead airline bins
- Cute, functional storage pocket on back (hides adjustable straps)
- Affordable prices for every budget
- Easy easy easy to set up-literally take out the carrier and put it on, adjust for your comfort and you are good to go!
- Has a kickstand that pulls out to help loading the child in safely or to use as chair on ground for feeding (with adult supervision of course)
- Requirements are 6 months-2 years or 35 pounds
- 100% cotton canvas (easy to clean up by wiping with wet towel)
- Positions baby at eye-level for 360 degree world view (J-Girl loved being in the carrier)
- jpma certified (juvenile products manufacturers association)
To learn more about kokopax® carriers
I really can’t say enough how amazing this line of carriers are! I am so looking forward to this summer now that J-Girl will have a safe, comfy and fun place to explore while riding along with us. To learn more about kokopax® please visit their website , or like them on facebook or catch up with kokopax® on twitter.
Buy kokopax carrier or other products (kokopax coupon code)
kokopax® has offered all akronohiomom.com readers a coupon code to use at their website for 10% off your order to purchase a carrier or other kokopax® product. The kokopax coupon code is akronohiomoms2011.
Win a kokopax® sun hat for your child! (Closed)
Updated: 6/1/11 Winner Announced: Lily #106
kokopax® has offered to give away one of their great sun hats to a lucky akronohiomom.com reader! ($19.99 value) kokopax® sun hats are great to have for your children this summer! These adorable strap-on shade for wee ones offers the ultimate in sun protection. They are made from 100% cotton canvas, no fuss chin strap, and are available in: 6-12 mos, 12-18 mos, 18-24 mos.
Important Links to enter this contest:
kokopax on Twitter
What’s with the NEW Contest Entry Form?
We are trying to make it easier and more efficient for you to enter to win our contests. This is a TEST, we would love your input, email me at [email protected]
Use this entry form instead of adding comments as entries.
To Enter, you MUST add your name, email address, and answer the mandatory question (your first time through).
For Extra “Social Entries”, simply click on the appropriate boxes (only do this once too).
For Extra “Action Entries”, you may only select one action entry per form. If you choose to do multiple entries, you will have to come back to the form, add your name and email address and proceed directly to “Action Entries”.
You only need to click on the action entry once, even if it gives you multiple entries. This is unlike the other system where you needed 1 comment per extra entry. This should save you lots of time!
HIT Submit at bottom of the form when you have completed entries.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on May 29, 2011 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to kokopax® who provided the products for review and giveaway.