Are you looking for something to spice up your blah breakfast menu for you and your family? I have a delicious and nutritious answer for you! I had the privilege of hosting a Nutella® , the original hazelnut spread breakfast party for some fellow mommy friends this past weekend and it was so much fun!
We not only had the opportunity to learn about the benefits of having Nutella® in our cupboards/pantry’s for our family but also had some delicious breakfast treats and great fellowship with one another. We all had such a nice time I might just have a breakfast get together more often! Nutella® was also generous as to send home a little goodie bag for those who attended the party that included some facts/trivia on Nutella® along with some easy (yummy too) recipe cards for some balanced, nutritious breakfasts. Thank you Nutella®!!
Facts on Nutella Hazelnut Spread
- There are more than 50 hazelnuts in one 13 oz. jar of Nutella®
- Nutella® hazelnut spread does NOT contain peanuts or peanut ingredients, nor does the product come in contact with peanuts during manufacturing (great news for children with a peanut allergy)
- Nutella® does not contain any ingredients derived from GLUTEN containing cereal; WHEAT, barley rye, oats or TRITICALE.
- Nutella® is also a Kosher product
- Nutella® does not contain HYDROGENATED OIL or TRANS FAT and is very low in sodium compared to other nut butters on the market.
- The spread contains NO artificial colors or preservatives
- Nutella® is offered in 2 sizes (13 oz and a 26 oz)
Bravo for Breakfast
Did you know that the word Breakfast literally means “breaks the overnight fast”? Brains and bodies depend on a balanced and nutritious breakfast for fuel their morning and the rest of the day. The key to enjoying Nutella® hazelnut spread is using the suggested serving size of 1-2 Tablespoons. When Nutella® is used in moderation it is the perfect start to the day and even a midday pick me up as a snack.
Nutella Breakfast Ideas
Some ideas for using Nutella® for breakfasts/snacks
- as a spread on whole wheat toast, whole wheat English muffins, mutli-grain toaster waffles and whole grain mini-bagels.
- use as a dip for fruits such as apples, pears, oranges and strawberries
- use as a dip for pretzels or graham crackers
- peanut butter and Nutella® sandwich
- use a whole wheat burrito skin, your favorite fruit and Nutella® and roll it up! (makes a great breakfast on the go!)
Before the breakfast party I had only had Nutella® a handful of times but since being reacquainted… I am a HUGE fan and so is my family. It is fun for the kiddos to have cocoa/chocolate and I feel good knowing that Nutella® is a healthy choice for them since the hazelnut spread is made with rich hazelnuts, skim milk and cocoa. We are really enjoying breakfast again since introducing the hazelnut spread into our breakfast routine. J-girl loves to dip her cut up whole wheat pancakes and T-boy is a big fan of the waffle pictured above.
I have been using the spread as a dip for cut up apples/pears for a snack and the hubby will put Nutella® on anything he can find in the kitchen! ha ha.
Moms love Nutella®
Since the party I have heard from several of the ladies and boy are they on board the Nutella® train! One friend called me from the grocery store saying she had bought 3 containers!! 🙂 Another friend has been sharing some recipes that she had been using for years but has “revamped” with using Nutella®. I am so glad that I was able to share the gift of Nutella® with my friends so that we can serve our family/children the balanced and nutritious food.
Nutella® hazelnut spread is a healthy, quick and easy solution to end the breakfast blues. I hope all our readers will go out and try Nutella® and experience for yourselves just how great this product is.
For more information on Nutella® please check out their website www.NutellaUSA.com. I am going to have Nutella® tomorrow for breakfast and hope you will too!