Life has a lot of undocumented features. And one of them is worth upgrading from the standard supply offered at the discount rack. We recently brought a Sonicare toothbrush (Essence model) into our home. My husband and I are both trying out this toothbrush (two different brush heads).
I’m not claiming to be an expert at Sonicare, nor a historian, but a few things caught my eye right off the bat.
- The charging stand has no metal contacts to corrode- it charges wirelessly through plastic!
- There are no mechanical connections to hook the brush head too, the motor is ‘magnetically coupled’ to the brush. This is awesome because fewer things will break!
- The brush head screws on with a really big screw thread – makes it feel like a toy (which is good at 7am)- and its hard to damage.
- The design overall is water resistant.
- It Tickles- During the first 3-6 uses, the box warns that it will tickle your gums. HA! No Joke! It does get a little getting use to but after a couple days, it’s routine for me now.
- It Polishes– Hands down, compared to every kind of manual toothbrush on the market that we’ve tried, the ‘sonic energy’ really does the job. The instructions do say to let the Sonicare toothbrush do the work- and don’t push hard. Amazing- they are right! Its an after the dentist feeling every time!
- It makes you do a good job There is a 2 minute turn off timer on the device that we have. This feature makes you feel like a kid in counting how long you brush- but, well, its just a good habit to do a good job. The instructions actually explains what surfaces to clean for how many seconds which really helps with getting the full 2 minutes in.
- It doesn’t replace flossing but this does! Dang!
- It doesn’t whiten teeth on its own-Double Dang! (Still gotta use toothpaste)
- It tickles at first!
Does the Sonicare Essence Review get our Recommendation?
Wholeheartedly yes! After 3 weeks of use, we still have our ‘old’ toothbrushes hanging around the sink… but we haven’t used them once! Using Sonicare makes our teeth feel so much smoother, there is obviously LESS plaque near the gum line, and having a “just from the dentist” clean feeling every day is amazing! I know my teeth are cleaner now than ever and that it is safe on my gums. I brush my teeth too hard as many people do which recedes the gum line. Sonicare Essence is safe for your gums.
Buy the Sonicare Essence
You can purchase the Philips Sonicare Essence 5300 Power Toothbrush on Amazon.com for $49.99 by clicking below.
Visit the Sonicare Website for great products and dental information: http://www.sonicare.com/
Become a Sonicare Fan on Facebook
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Sonicare who provided products for review & giveaway.