I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but winter is around the corner…and with winter comes lots of days off school for the holidays and lots of cabin fever for kids and parents alike. If you are like me, you start storing up crafts, games, and pinning ideas from Pinterest to keep kids busy when the weather outside is frightful. It’s my way of trying to keep the family peace from falling into pieces! I was recently introduced to a card game for kids ages 3 and up that provides lots of active play that is sure to chase away the winter dulldrums – Pet Frenzied by the fun folks at Petsapalooza.
A Little More About The Pet Frenzied Card Game
The deck of chunky cards is made up of color-coded “animal house” cards and “animal” cards. The concept of the game is simple enough that young children can play it without help from adults – a win in my book!
- Hide the animal cards around the room in which you are playing.
- Place the pile of coordinating “animal house” cards face down in the middle of the room. Turn over the top house card.
- Race the other players to find one of the animal cards that matches the house on the top of the pile.
- The player with the most matched cards at the end of the game wins!
- With 3 or more players, one child can be the “hider” of the cards, and the rest of the kids can be the “finders.”
Our Experience with The Pet Frenzied Card Game
One rainy day, my girls, ages 5 and 10 pulled out the Pet Frenzied game. Alyssa, my eldest, is a pretty good sport about playing games with her little sis. 🙂 The girls set up the game in our front room (bookcases make GREAT hiding places for the animal cards!). The had a blast hollering “Pet Frenzied!” to start the game, and running around the room searching for sweetly illustrated dogs and cats that matched the house card on the top of the pile. This simple game kept my girls laughing and entertained for many rounds.
More players would have just added to the crazy fun they were having! It will definitely be a game we will pull out when my 5 year old, Lila, has play dates. Who doesn’t love a great game of hide and seek anyway? Pet Frenzied has improved on that classic game with the added bonus of furry friends that need kids’ help to find their homes.
What’s So Great About The Pet Frenzied Card Game – A Mom’s Point of View
Here’s my list of what makes this such a great game:
- No batteries needed…hooray!
- Its concept is simple, so kids can have fun playing without help from mom and dad.
- It’s an active game! Kids burn off some energy,which is always a plus on rainy or snowy days.
- Helps younger kids with color matching and memory skills.
- Great price point. At $9.99, this fun card game makes a fantastic gift!
- As with Fur Ever Home, the first game from Petsapalooza, (see my review here), 20% of profits from the sale of Pet Frenzied goes to animal rescues. How neat is that?!
Buy The Pet Frenzied Card Game
Pet Frenzied can be purchased on Petsapalooza’s website for $9.99 and on Amazon.com. It can also be found in the Cleveland/Akron area at: My Little Red Wagon in Hudson, OH 330.650.1295, and the Land of Make Believe in Hudson, OH 330.650.4438.
Win The Pet Frenzied Card Game
The folks at Petsapalooza are providing a FREE Pet Frenzied card game to one lucky AkronOhioMoms.com reader!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:
* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on November 12, 2012 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond or another winner will be selected!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Petsapalooza who provided the products for review and giveaway.