The wait is over, the beautiful Carousel is open at the Akron Zoo! Let’s check it out during a playdate on Friday, August 20th at 10am.
Akron Zoo Animal Encounter
Everyone had a fabulous time at our Spring Animal Encounter Playdate. Kids loved seeing the porcupine up close and how he loved peanuts. The animal specialist will bring out another exciting animal for us to learn about and see up close at this playdate. Don’t forget your camera! There is no charge for the animal encounter. Please meet at the Komodo Dragon Exhibit inside the
Ride the new Akron Zoo Carousel
Bring $2 for the kids to ride the new Carousel too. It’s breathtaking with 33 locally hand-carved wooden animals to ride. Some animals are copies of those that live right in the zoo including the Komodo dragon, tiger, and penguin. What is really neat is that they have images on the wall of where the animals you are riding live in the wild. Very cool!
Win $80 in prizes from The Family Groove at Playdate
The Family Groove continues to spoil AkronOhioMoms with great playdate prizes. At this playdate, you have a chance to win a prize pack worth more than $80!
- Let’s Go Chippper is an award-winning series of educational kids books, movies, games, and activities. Win the “Into the Great Outdoors DVD plus Bonus CD” that gets kids excited about outdoor exploring! Plus, Let’s Go Chipper natural, paraben-free sunscreen to keep them protected from the Sun. ($34)
- Kind Sign from MamaBears.com is an easy way to let people know it is ok for not to touch. It was developed to keep perfect strangers from spreading germs to your babies in the nicest way possible. ($8)
- tag*a*long from TagaLongKids.com is a way for your toddler or preschooler to “stay with you” and your cart/stroller, etc while walking. It gives your walking child something to hold on to when you don’t have enough hands – ever have that feeling as a mom? ha ($10)
- Chris Donohoe What Drives You CD is a mixing of Americana, Rock, Country, and Pop in thought provoking lyricism. ($10)
- Baby’s Green Day Out from WhatEveryBabyNeeds.com gets you prepared for your day out with baby in tow. This organic reusable tote is made with low-impact reactive dyes and comes with a wooden rabbit toy made in the USA. ($19)
This month’s issue of The Family Groove website has topics you won’t want to miss including: Get Your Kids Psyched for Their Return to School, Back-to-School Giveaways, and how to Go From Summer to Fall in Style with Transition Pieces! Everything from being a fashionable mom, doing the best for your kids, and other great parenting advice can be found at The Family Groove website with new articles every month. Show some love to The Family Groove on their facebook page, tell them AkronOhioMoms.com sent you!
Details on Akron Zoo Playdate
Who is invited: Everyone! Not just moms but dads too, and grandmas & grandpas, and nannies, and babysitters, and YOU!
When: August 20, 2010 at 10am. Meet at the Komodo Dragon exhibit at 10AM, we will go to the Animal Encounter together.
Pricing: Just pay regular admission, the Animal Encounter is Free!
Senior Citizens (Grandparents are welcome!) $7.50
Children (ages 2-14) $6.00
Akron Zoo Members FREE
500 Edgewood Ave.
Akron, Ohio 44307
Please email me at cindy @ akronohiomoms.com if you plan to attend the playdate and comment below!
Win Akron Zoo Tickets
For a chance to win Akron Zoo Tickets, click on our giveaway post!