I found another recipe that is a keeper from Pillsbury.com this holiday season, the Chili Lime Corn and Spinach Salad Recipe. It sure beats bringing a boring tossed salad to a holiday gathering or dinner party. Don’t let the name trick you into thinking it is spicy because it is not. It has flavor for sure, but mild enough for even kids to enjoy. (If you can get your kids to enjoy salad!) This recipe is easy.
Chili Lime Corn and Spinach Salad Recipe Ingredients
Chili Lime Corn and Spinach Salad Recipe Dressing:
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp grated ginger root (I used dried ginger.)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 TBSP oil (I used olive oil)
- 2 TBSP fresh lime juice (I used True Lemon brand Lime packets.)
- 1 (11-oz.) can Green Giant® White Shoepeg Corn, drained – Cooked Corn on the Cob works great too!
- 1 (4.5-oz.) jar Green Giant® Sliced Mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro (It’s a lot of cilantro, but so good!)
- 1 green onion, chopped (I used red onion because I had it on hand and it was good.)
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped red bell pepper, optional
- 1 avocado, optional (Adding this really Made the salad! Not pictured above since I added it right before serving.)
- 2 eggs, hard boiled, optional
Chili Lime Corn and Spinach Salad Recipe Instructions
- Combine and mix all dressing ingredients.
- Add corn, mushrooms, cilantro and onion; toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving time. (I made it the night before, there was a lot of moisture and oil that I drained off before serving.)
- To serve, layer spinach, corn mixture, and other toppings. (The recipe calls out to make individual salads but I layered it all together, right before serving.)
This recipe is from Pillsbury.com.
Comment Via Facebook