My family likes Asian dishes, however I have little experience cooking anything beyond Chicken Stir-fry! I was ready to explore the culinary world of Asian cuisine and expand our dinner menu with the new Lee Kum Kee Asian Ready Sauces. They offer a variety of ready in minutes sauce packs that makes Asian cuisine easy for anyone to prepare.
I received product to facilitate this post.
Lee Kum Kee Asian Ready Sauces serve 4-6 people when prepared with recipe included on the back or other recipe. We were able to sample the Mongolian BBQ Stir-Fry, Orange Chicken, Kung Pao Chicken, Broccoli Beef, and Lettuce Wrap sauces.
I was most excited to try the Lee Kum Kee Lettuce Wrap Asian Ready Sauce. This is a popular dish at many Asian restaurants. I first saw it at BD’s Mongolian BBQ in Columbus, OH, it looked amazing!
Lee Kum Kee Lettuce Wrap Recipe Ingredients
- 1 lb Ground Chicken or Pork – I cut up pork chops
- 8 oz can Water Chestnuts, chopped
- 4 Green Onions, chopped – I used 1 yellow onion
- 1/4 c Peanuts, chopped
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 1 head of Iceberg Lettuce, separated into rounds
- 2 TBSP Oil – I used Iberia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pouch Lee Kum Kee Lettuce Wrap Ready Sauce
- Heat oil over high heat in large skillet or wok
- Stir Fry chicken/pork for 3 minutes until browned
- Add vegetables except green onions, stir fry for 2 minutes. (I included the yellow onion here.)
- Add 3/4 pouch of Ready Sauce
- Simmer, then add green onions and peanuts
- Scoop mixture into lettuce cups.
- Drizzle remaining sauce on top. (I forgot this step)
I also prepared Annie Chun’s Rice Noodles as a side dish to the Lettuce Wraps. Annie Chun’s makes a variety of rice noodles, and rice that are perfect for Asian side dishes or inclusion in recipes. They are delicious both hot and cold, making it the perfect option for lunch on the go and school lunches too. Plus, they are made with 100% all natural ingredients with no preservatives, or MSG added.
I encourage you to check out both Lee Kum Kee sauce packs and Annie Chun’s rice products for a family meal this week. You will be so surprised at how easy it is to prepare restaurant quality Asian meals that your whole family will enjoy. The Lettuce Wraps were devoured in my house – everyone loved them! We made the Beef with Broccoli the next time with equal appeal.
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Lee Kum Kee and Annie Chun’s who provided the product for review.