Give your friends and family the best this Christmas holiday season with real whipped cream made with SMITH’S Heavy Whipping Cream. Pass up that frozen nondairy whipped topping, your family deserves the best. With these easy tips, you’ll be whipping up fresh, home-made whipped cream with ease!
Tips for Making Real Whipped Cream
Follow these easy tips for making real whipped cream to make the best whipped cream for all your Christmas and holiday desserts this season.
- Chill bowl and beaters in freezer for 15 minutes or by rinsing in ice water immediately before preparing whipped cream – warmth is the enemy of whipping cream, make sure everything is chilled.
- Know the difference between Soft Peak and Stiff Peaks
- A Soft Peak is when the cream will stand up and the tip will bend over when you pull the beaters out of the cream.
- A Stiff Peak is when the tip stays standing straight up when you pull the beaters out of the cream.
- Cream goes from Soft Peaks to Stiff Peaks quickly, so keep an eye on it. If you wanted Soft Peaks and accidentally went all the way to Stiff Peaks, you can add a little more of the SMITH’S Heavy Whipping Cream and blend with a rubber spatula to go back to the Soft Peaks.
- For best volume, add the sugar, vanilla, and other flavorings after the cream has reached Soft Peaks
- Sweeten whipped cream by adding one to 3 TBSP Sugar and 1 tsp Vanilla. Confectioners sugar or powdered sugar dissolves best.
Storing Whipped Cream
Save time this Christmas holiday season by preparing the Whipped Cream ahead of time. It will stay in the fridge at least 1 day. If it liquifies, just whip it again.
To store whipped cream for a longer period of time, you will have to stabilize it.
- Dissolve 1 tsp of plain gelatin in 1/4 c of water in the microwave for about 20 seconds on HIGH power.
- Cool completely.
- Whip 1 c Whipping Cream, as above, until “soft peaks” form
- Add sugar and flavorings then add the gelatin in a stream while whipping the cream.
SMITH’S offers many resources and recipes on the the SMITH’S website to make all of your Christmas holiday cooking and baking the best this season. Check out their SMITH’S Easy Chocolate Fluff Frosting Recipe and other SMITH’S recipes. You can even offer your own recipe and tips to SMITH’S, they may appear on their website too!
Buy SMITH’S Heavy Whipping Cream and Get SMITH’S Coupon
You can buy SMITH’S Heavy Whipping Cream throughout the region. Get a SMITH’S Heavy Whipping Cream Coupon here. Not sure if SMITH’S Heavy Whipping Cream is in your area? Call 800-776-7076 to find out.
Win 5 Containers of SMITH’S Heavy Whipping Cream
To get you ready for Christmas holiday baking, you could win 5 containers of Buy SMITH’S Heavy Whipping Cream! (Winner to receive 5 coupons for FREE SMITH’S Heavy Whipping Cream, must be able to redeem locally.)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:
* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on December17, 2012 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond or another winner will be selected!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to SMITH’S who provided the products for review and giveaway.