I have been trying to buy more natural products for my family this year. Thankfully many of my favorite brands are following suit like Smucker’s. They now offer 4 delicious varieties of natural fruit spreads that are yummy for adding to any recipe or just enjoying on toast and PB&J. I received samples of each of the 4 varieties to try out and review with my family for this post. I tested them on a couple recipes below too.
Go Natural with Smucker’s Natural Fruit Spreads
Smucker’s Natural Fruit Spreads are made with ingredients from natural sources with no preservatives. There are 4 delicious flavors that will delight your taste buds including Concord Grape Fruit Spread, Strawberry Fruit Spread, Orange Marmalade Fruit Spread, and Red Raspberry Fruit Spread. Each has its own distinct flavor and texture.
- The concord grape is very much the same as Smucker’s Grape Jelly in texture and taste. I can’t tell it is “natural,” it taste great.
- The strawberry fruit spread is smooth with lots of strawberry flavor and small pieces of strawberries. It is a spread and not the texture of grape jelly. It taste great on soft bread and butter and even pancakes!
- The orange marmalade is unlike any other jelly or fruit spread I’ve ever had. It has tiny tidbits of oranges and orange peel in it, it reminds me of candied orange peels. It is delicious and sweet.
- The red raspberry fruit spread is my favorite. It is packed with red raspberries and full of flavor. I have been enjoying toast nearly every morning with this spread on it for breakfast. I’m officially addicted!
You can find a good variety of recipes on the Smucker’s website. I love trying new recipes! I wasn’t sure how a “natural fruit spread” would do in place of traditional preserves but I gave the Chewy Red Raspberry Bars a try. Can you tell how much I like the Smucker’s Natural Red Raspberry Spread? This recipe calls for an oats crust made out of butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, flour, baking powder, and oats. On top of the crust, spread the Red Raspberry Spread and then add on top crumbles of the crust mixture.
You can find the full Chewy Red Raspberry Bars here. I don’t know what the bars would taste like with preserves but they were delicious with the new natural fruit spread. It didn’t seem to alter the recipe at all. My family ate them up in no time!
I also tried the natural fruit spreads out in a recipe that I have been making for years with fruit preserves. I originally got this recipe from my mother-in-law. My kids love Thumbprint Jelly Cookies. Each cookie has a well of jelly in the middle. You can choose your favorite flavors and make as many kinds as you like. It is a really easy recipe, my 6 year old daughter loves to help me make this recipe every single time!
You can find the full Thumbprint Jelly Cookies Recipe here. It is a simple press cookie recipe that you add fruit jelly/preserves/spread to in the center. We made a full batch to cookies and used all 4 of the new Smucker’s Natural Fruit Spread to the center.
They turned out delicious, with fantastic flavors. I am so glad that the natural fruit spreads worked well with a recipe that I’ve been making for a dozen years. It bakes just as well as any preserves I’ve used in the past.
Going natural with Smucker’s Natural Fruit Spreads is a win-win for everyone – you provide your family with a high-quality, all natural spread and your family will enjoy the full fruit flavors! I almost expected the new spreads to be less flavorful than traditional jelly or preserves, however, I have found the opposite to be true. The flavors are packed into the Smucker’s jars!
Buy Smucker’s Natural Fruit Spreads
You can buy Smucker’s Natural Fruit Spreads at stores nationwide, including Walmart. They are also available on the Smucker’s website.
- Concord Grape Fruit Spread – $2.59
- Strawberry Fruit Spread- $3.59
- Orange Marmalade Fruit Spread- $3.59
- Red Raspberry Fruit Spread – $3.89
Win 4 jars of Smucker’s Natural Fruit Spreads
You have the chance to win 4 jars of Smucker’s Natural Fruit Spreads.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:
* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
Contest ends at 11:59 pm EST on May 27, 2013 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond or another winner will be selected!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Smucker’s who provided products for review and giveaway.