OK, so we moved recently, hence the Total House Remodel projects going on… Well this house was covered in OLD CARPET- and I just didn’t need a mop. Times have changed (THANK YOU TARKETT!) and I need a mop ‘solution’.
If you are like me you’ve bought your share of mop ‘concepts’ that promise to wash, scrub, and do all the dirty work for you. In the end, most don’t work. I have found the solution on how to avoid the dirty, messy ringing out of the mop without even touching it – it’s the Spin and Go Mop.
Basically, the Spin and Go Mop has a foot activated pedal that spins at a high rate of speed and ‘rings’ the water out for you. Its kind of cool, it really DOES work, and its surprisingly sturdy. I dare say it is sort of fun to use. Over 2 million households worldwide in the UK, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Japan, Argentina to name a few, are actually having fun cleaning their floors. It is my pleasure to introduce it to moms in the USA.
First off, let Elijah introduce you to the mop:
Hands On Review of the Spin and Go Mop
In the box, this mop comes with everything you need- the complete mop (some minor assembly required) includes a micro-fiber mop head that spins 360 degrees (hence the spinning clean off!). You’ll love the micro-fiber mop head as it absorbs more water when wet and can even be used to pick up dust, dirt, and hair when used dry!! This is an excellent mop to clean dog hair from the floors. It is one of the most Eco-friendliest Mop available as there are no pads to throw away and replace. Throw the mop head in the wash whenever it needs cleaned.
It also comes with a ‘stylish’ bucket that houses the foot petal and the spinning wringer. My son LOVES this bucket because it sounds like your revving up a race car before you let it go! The wringer spins the mop head at 2600 RPM by your simple push down on the foot pedal, which is super easy to use. This spins and wrings your mop head dry, leaving behind the nasty dirty mop water. I love this feature especially when I’m done mopping, I don’t have to worry about my mop head getting musty smelling or worse, moldy!
Besides the touchless spinning dry off method, I found that the Spin and Go did a great job at getting underneath furniture items that had an inch or two of clearance- the mop handle bends down to to be parallel with the floor and you can push the mop under a lot of things- and even if it doesn’t get underneath, it does a much better job at getting close to the edge where dirt can collect. It is easy to use and the mop actually rotates and spins as you mop, kinda like a buffer. This really collects a lot more dust, hair, and grime than with a traditional mop.
It smooths effortlessly over Elijah’s new Tarkett Fiber Floor Funtastic Island flooring! Don’t you just love the floor?!
Video of Spin & Go Mop in action
Buy the Spin & Go Mop
You can purchase at the Spin & Go Mop website for $45.95 (plus $14.95S&H) . For just $10 more, you can get an extra mop head too.
Win the Spin & Go Mop System (Closed)
Updated: 9-29-10 Winner Announced: Congratulations, Becky Horn, Entry #120 you won! Thanks to all who entered, please visit Spin & Go website.
Spin & Go is offering one lucky AkronOhioMoms fan the chance to win their own Spin & Go Mop System! ($66 value)
You must visit the Spin & Go Website and leave one comment on this blog post regarding one thing you learned on the Spin & Go Website.
Increase your Chances of Winning with Extra Entries
Leave an additional comment for the value of each extra entry and a way to verify the entry.
- “Like” us on Facebook (posting a comment is appreciated but not required)
- “Like Spin & Go on Facebook (posting a comment is appreciated but not required)
- Follow us on twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway. Tweet daily for an extra entry every day! Copy and paste: Win the Spin and Go Mop System ($66) at https://www.akronohiomoms.com #contests #sweepstakes
- For 2 entries/day, tweet my Pillsbury Finalist status. Copy and paste: Vote for my friend Cindy Orley and win $5,000 http://bit.ly/dmnKWS #sweepstakes #contest
- For 2 entries, comment on my (voting not required but APPRECIATED)
- Tell me what you think about Elijah’s new Tarkett Fiber Floor Funtastic Island flooring featured in the pictures
- For 3 entries, comment on any Total House Remodel post
- For 5 entries, blog about this giveaway on your website and link back to us and to Spin & Go
- For 3 entries, Stumble Upon this post with button on top of screen
- Yahoo Buzz this post with button on top of screen
- Google Buzz this post with button on top of screen
- Join us with Google Friend Connect (on the sidebar)
- Cast a vote for us on Top Baby Blogs
- Rate my site on Top 100 Mommy Blogs
- Leave one new comment on any other post or giveaway
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on September 27, 2010 when a winner will be drawn at random and announced the next day. When commenting, please include your email address (not visible to public). I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Spin & Go for providing the product for review & giveaway.