Love Bibibop Asian Grill but want to stay in tonight? Enjoy authentic “Bibibop” flavor with my Bibibop Copycat Recipe with Gerber’s Amish Farm Chicken – it’s quick and easy to prepare without heating up the kitchen!
My family loves Bibibop Asian Grill because we can customize our dinners and it’s very healthy. One year, we made our own little “Bibibop bar” with all the options for a family birthday party. It was a hit! However, for a weeknight meal, I limit the ingredients to our favorites and that’s what we have today, our very own take on the popular Korean Bibimbap dish.
First, start with good quality chicken by stopping by Acme Fresh Market to picking up Gerber’s Amish Farm Chicken – you’ll taste the difference.Trust me, it’s a really good brand for all natural LOCAL chicken. We made the switch earlier this year and everything I made just taste better!
My family enjoys all cuts of chicken so I usually get the cut-up fryer for this recipe but if you prepare breast or thighs, just pick up your favorite. I salt and pepper both sides of the chicken first.Then, I add the ‘secret’ marinade – Bibibop Asian Grill Sesame Ginger Teriyaki marinade – also found at Acme. It’s the exact flavor you get at the restaurant – use it as a marinade and as a sauce over the bowl in the end. too. After marinading for at least 30 minutes, I grill the chicken till the internal temp is 165°F. You could also bake.
At Bibibop, you build your own bowl starting with steamed rice, japchae noodles, or salad. We use either purple rice (which can be hard to find) or white rice. We then top with a protein, usually chicken but you could also do steak or tofu. Next, we add vegetable toppings including cooked potatoes, heated black beans, and warm bean sprouts. Next, we add cold toppings including kale, cucumbers, shredded carrots, green onions, cheese, corn, and scrambled eggs. You can also add cucumbers and shredded red cabbage here.
Finally – the really good part, we add yum yum sauce and usually a soy or Bibibop Asian Grill Sesame Ginger Teriyaki sauce. You can also add sriracha, sesame ginger, or wasabi, and it would taste good.
It is a quick and easy meal that everyone loves! Plus, it feels really good to support a local business (Acme) and local farms in Amish Country. I try to shop local more than ever these days to support my Ohio neighbors!
- 1 lb Gerber's Amish Chicken fryer
- 1 box White or Purple Rice prepared as directed
- 1 bag Hashbrown Potatoes or homemade cubed potatoes, prepared as directed
- 1 can black beans rinsed and heated
- 1 bag bean sprouts heated or room temp
- 1 bunch fresh kale leaves clean and chopped or shredded
- 1 whole cucumber sliced
- 1 bunch green onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup Mozerella cheese shredded
- 1 can corn drained
- 4 eggs eggs scrambled
- .5 cup Bibibop Asian Grill Sesame Ginger Teriyaki Sauce
- .5 cup Bibibop Asian Yum Yum Sauce
- Salt & Pepper chicken on both sides and marinade with Bibibop Asian Grill Sesame Ginger Teriyaki sauce for 1/2 hour.
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat, about 350°F – 375°F for about 4 minutes per side until it's golden and grill marks appear. Close grill lid and cook additional 5 minutes until internal temp is 165° F.
- Prepare rice as directed, keep warm.
- Scramble eggs, keep warm.
- Prepare hash brown potatoes as directed in skillet with oil or bake, keep warm.
- Assemble your Bibibop Copycat bowl with all the toppings of your choice and drizzle with Yum Yum sauce or other sauces. Enjoy!