This Easy Apple Butter recipe is prepared on the stovetop and will make your entire house smell like Fall! One batch rarely last over 24 hours in my house, it’s that good! Even if you don’t make things from scratch, you can make this super simple recipe! No experience required, just a pot and blender.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 6 fresh Apples cored and roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- .25 tsp Ground Cloves
- .25 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Combine all ingredients together in pot with a lid. Simmer with lid for 1 hours or until apples have softened. Stir occasionally.
- Using a Vitamix Immersion Blender, blend until smooth or your desired consistency.
Whenever we go to Amish Country, I pick up apple butter. It’s a special treat and has been a mystery to me about how it is made until this week. I just received a Vitamix Immersion Hand-held Blender so I looked up recipes that it could work with. I should have looked up recipes that it couldn’t work with because immersion blenders are so amazing and versatile, they make everything quick and easy to prepare with less cleanup.
Apple butter was on the list of things to prepare with an immersion blender, so I tried it. The results were so good that the entire batch was gone in less than 24 hours, and my husband encouraged me to open my own business to start selling it! I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine!
Most apple butter recipes are prepared in a slow cooker, but sometimes I prefer treats faster! I honestly don’t mind having something simmer on the stovetop for an hour while I cook or clean the house. The smell of cooking apple butter will fill your home with a fantastic scent! My kids and husband kept asking what they were smelling and when it’d be done!
I like to mix and match apples when I make anything with apples – apple pie, cobbler, crisp, and now apple butter. I used 3 granny smith apples and 3 gala apples, you can use your favorite. I peeled mine but you can also keep the peels on for an even quicker prep time. For the sweetener,I use a mix of brown sugar and honey. You could use any combination of sugar, honey, or maples syrup. I love that I know exactly what is in this recipe too, since I’m making it from scratch.
Next time, I’m going to make 2 batches. It will stay fresh in a sealed container for up to a week. This is not a canning recipe.
Enter to Win $2,500 Vitamix Giveaway
Since I love my new Vitamix Immersion Blender, I have to share with you this amazing contest in which you have the chance to win a prize up to $2,500 in value from Vitamix in their Real Vitamix Legends contest!
The Real Vitamix Legends contest runs Sept. 6 through Oct. 18 at 11:59 p.m. EDT; participants age 18 and older can enter by posting a photo or video on TikTok, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #REALVITAMIXLEGENDS and tagging and following @Vitamix. Your post should show your Vitamix in use and share its age and a little about its history. If you’d rather enter the giveaway off of social media, enter online here.
- 1st Place – Vitamix A3500 Ascent® Series Blender in Brushed Stainless Finish with 64-Ounce Container and 12-Cup Food Processor Attachment with SELF-DETECT® Bundle; and a trip to celebrate at Vitamix headquarters in Ohio, including a private cooking class with a Vitamix chef and other behind-the-scenes fun, plus tickets to a Cleveland sporting event
- 2nd Place – Vitamix A3500 Ascent Series Blender in Brushed Stainless Finish with 64-Ounce Container and an Aer™ Disc Container
- 3rd, 4th, and 5th Place – Vitamix Immersion Blender Bundle with Whisk, Blending Jar, and Mini Chopper
Vitamix will choose the top six finalists based on the age of the machine, and the brand’s social community will determine the winners through head-to-head matchups on Instagram Stories the week of Oct. 24. Winners will receive next-generation Vitamix products, and the grand prize will include a trip for the winner and a guest to Vitamix headquarters, valued at nearly $2,500.