Nothing says summer like a fresh lime pie with edible flowers. As elegant and delicious as it is, it is simple to prepare. My teenager daughter prepared this entire recipe from scratch as pictured here! She is a talented baker but even inexperienced bakers can prepare this delicious tart.
The edible flowers from Chef’s Garden in Huron, Ohio takes this tart over the top with gorgeousness! The edible flowers easily transforms a simple dessert into a dessert that looks divine enough for a celebration – but easy enough for a weeknight dessert.
- 1/2 cup lime juice, plus zest from 1 lime
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large Egg Yolks
- 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- edible flowers from Chef's Garden
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar until crumbly mixture.
- Press graham cracker mixture into a fluted tart pan with removable base using a large, flat spatula.
- Place tart pan on cookie sheet and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, press crust down again gently with flat spatula, and allow to cool.
- Whisk together egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and zest until combined.
- Pour into cooled pie crust. Bake for 15 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool on rack then chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Decorate the lime tart with edible flower petals before serving. You may also garnish with thin lime slices or lime zest.
If you haven't tried edible flowers before, you really should. They make desserts and entrees look gorgeous. Not only that, they are 100% edible, nutritious, and delicious. Edible flowers bring joy to kids and adults alike. How can you not smile when eating a delicate bloom. You'll be surprised at the sweet flavors and sometimes savory flavors of edible flowers and how they compliment dishes.
Of course you can't find gourmet items like edible flowers very many places. I was first introduced to Chef's Garden when they went farm to doorstep at the beginning of the pandemic. Before then, only discerning chefs in the restaurant industry had access to their specialty and heirloom vegetables, herbs, and microgreens. They changed with the times and I'm so glad! You can order a box of fresh produce in the size of your choice or single items like these edible flowers. It is amazing to get local produce delivered to your door! Check out my review and unboxing of Chef's Garden.