I always thought the benefits of French door refrigerators with a bottom freezer was all in the refrigerator. It obviously puts things you use the most at eye level. It is so convenient to organize the refrigerator and access everything when on the top. Since we received a Mayatg refrigerator with bottom freezer to review and promote, I have come to love having a bottom freezer.
Why I Like Having a Bottom Freezer
Over the past several months, I have found that I like having a bottom freezer more than I could have imagined with my Maytag French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator. At first, I thought I wouldn’t like having to reach all the way to the bottom of the fridge to get things out – but really liked having the refrigerated items on top. I thought I’d just get use to the bottom freezer. What I have found is that I really like having a bottom freezer more than an upper freezer for the following reasons.
- I can see everything! With our Maytag French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator, we have 2 large drawers that pull out. I can see everything in my freezer without digging all the way to the back of a traditional freezer to find stuff! I have always found that I don’t run out of items as often because I can easily see what I have and the quantity of each item at a glance before going grocery shopping.
- It is more organized! I can keep my freezer more organized since there are several dividers to arrange the food between the 2 drawers. Instead of stacking items and losing them in the back of the freezer, I can organized and keep like items together. I keep trays of ice in the ice box since I chose not to hook up the ice maker. I keep vegetables, fruit, and snack in the top drawer. My freezer below is quite full since I just went grocery shopping but you can see how organized a full bottom freezer can be!
I keep meat items like fish, chicken, hamburgers, and frozen meals on one side of the bottom drawer. On the other side, I keep breakfast items, frozen bread, and desserts like ice cream and popsicles.
- Food doesn’t go bad. In my old freezer, I would find freezer burnt items buried in the back of my freezer whenever I would finally get to the back of the freezer. Now that I can easily access everything in my freezer, nothing gets lost and freezer burnt.
- Another thing that I like that is specific to the Maytag model that I have is the BrightSeries™ Lighting Package. It illuminates the entire refrigerator and freezer every time you open it. One of my biggest pet peeves is poor lighting. I get very frustrated if I can’t see what I’m looking for – in the refrigerator, freezer, closet, car, etc. Now I can see everything in the daytime and nighttime. Having excellent lighting makes every day better for me. It just does!
- Kids can access it. There are not many items that kids need in a freezer when they are my kids’ ages of 6 & 8 except during the Summer! I like that my kids can access popsicles and ice cubes on their own – with permission of course! Adding a little more independence to their lives at this age is so important to them. Plus, it helps me when they are helping setting the table, now they can get out ice for the cups!
If you haven’t got it yet, the main reason I really like a bottom freezer is being able to see what I’m looking for – from the organizing to the lighting! If you are considering a bottom freezer refrigerator but not sure if you’ll like a bottom freezer, I hope this article puts that concern to rest!
A few things I like about the refrigerator too
There is plenty that I like about the Maytag 25 cu. ft. French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator MFF2558VEW with BrightSeries™ Lighting Package including the huge 25 cu ft capacity that gives us plenty of space for food for my family of 4. The Wide-N-Fresh Deli Drawer gives my family plenty of storage for a variety of cheeses, meats, and even a party platter! It sure beats the small deli drawer from other refrigerators.The Humitiy Controleld FreshLock Crisper drawers keep our produce fresher longer. Read my full Maytag Refrigerator review.
Buy the Maytag 25 cu. ft. Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator
You can buy the Maytag 25 cu. ft. French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator MFF2558VEW with BrightSeries™ Lighting Package locally in the Akron, Ohio area at Lowe’s, The Home Depot, M.A.S. Inc, Best Buy, H. H. Gregg, and Eastside Appliance, Inc. Find your local retailer here.
Also available on Amazon.com.
Find Maytag on Facebook
Follow Maytag on Twitter
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Maytag who supplied the product for review and the ongoing relationship with AkronOhioMoms.com. Check out the great selection of products at www.maytag.com.