81% of Moms surveyed buy Mom Central Consulting and T.J.Maxx/Marshalls said that the rising costs of times like gas and groceries have negatively affected their kids back to school shopping budget. How do you get the hottest clothes that your kids want for school while staying on budget? Try shopping at T.J.Maxx and Marshalls! They offer first-quality, name brand and designer clothes that you see at the mall for 20-60% less.
Hottest Clothing Trends for Girls 2011/2012 School Year
- Voluminous sleeve details with kimono and dolman shapes for all tops, dresses, and jackets
- French terry zip-up hoodie, try layering over a romper
- Skinny leg denim as well as new flared leg jeans
- Boots and booties with lacing, wedges, shearling or faux fur details
- Accessorize with skinny belts, printed scarves, fashion totes, leggings,and tights
Hottest Clothing Trends for Guys 2011/2012 School Year
- Darker washes of jeans with whiskered jeans paired with button down and chukka boots
- Vintage tees
- Lightweight hoodie is great with shorts to denim and tees or formal button-down style
- Athletic wear with running paints and Americana kicks
- Cross body bags to carry books while staying cool
Top Quality at T.J.Maxx and Marshalls
The key here is knowing that at T.J.Maxx and Marshalls, you are getting the same quality as the mall but at lesser price. Have you ever noticed that you can get some of the same brand names at discount stores for cheaper than the mall? Have you noticed the quality is different? I have!
When you buy the brand at the discount store for $20, that item was made and priced to sell at $20. If you buy a brand at T.J.Maxx that is reduced up to 60% off and selling for $20, you are getting way better quality than the $20 item at the discount store.
Why Shop T.J.Maxx and Marshalls
Tired of seeing the same ol’ stuff at other stores? T.J.Maxx and Marshalls is like a new store every week! They ahve 10,000 new items stocked weekly, giving you the latest and best on-trend, top quality merchandise now and throughout the school year.
My T.J.Maxx Back-to-School Shopping Experience
I am always looking for a deal when it comes to buying my kids clothes. They grow out of their clothes so fast that I have to find a good deal! Plus, they are now starting to want clothes that are in style and like their friends are wearing. I have not shopped T.J.Maxx in a very long time and never for my kids. I was interested in seeing what I would find for Back-to-School Shopping.
T.J.Maxx for Girls Clothes
First up, Girls! Elizabeth and I had fun browsing the racks at T.J. Maxx. I like that everything is organized by size so you aren’t wasting time seeing a style that you like only to find they don’t have your girl’s size. They even had a fun assortment of tutus that Elizabeth quickly found. This would make a great birthday or Christmas present for her, but we were back-to-school shopping, so we stayed on task.
What we did end up finding were 2 great deals that I couldn’t pass up.
- Ever notice how expensive pajamas are? It’s crazy! We found Strawberry Shortcake pajamas that are normally $20 for $12.99! They are made of flame resistant fabric, we all know the importance of that for kids pajamas! The pajamas are super soft and made with a flannel like material of 100% polyester.
- We found Vigoss Jeans that had the regular price tag still attached for $34, I only paid $12.99! These are In Style Skinny Jeans with the modern look of slightly distressed jeans with a sparkly purple tie belt. You can’t find this quality or style of jeans at a discount store and you can’t find these prices at the mall!
T.J.Maxx for Boys Clothes
Elijah is not my shopper. He doesn’t generally like to shop anywhere. However, he does like to pick out his own clothes. He often picks out clothes that are a little dressier or preppy than I would pick out, so it is really helpful to have him with me. Of course, kids are always up for shopping for toys, T.J.Maxx has a good selection of toys for great prices. They have great deals on books too. We browsed a little since they were located right next to the Boys section!
Elijah went straight to the US Polo Assn. long sleeve polo shirt. Thankfully we were at T.J.Maxx where the price was just $12.99 and not $32 that I’d have to pay at the mall! Seriously, the quality and name brands that I found at T.J.Maxx was incredible. I couldn’t buy a nice shirt like this at Walmart! And even if I found a long sleeve polo shirt for $12.99, it wouldn’t be the same quality!
We also found another fantastic deal! We got a thick, super warm hoodie for winter by PUMA Kids. It has the front pocket to keep hands warm too. The tags attached says $44, I paid $16.99. This will come in super handy when it starts to get cold here in Ohio!
Halloween Costumes at T.J.Maxx
While I was shopping, I noticed that they had some great deals on really cute Halloween Costumes at T.J.Maxx too. My kids already have their costumes, but I thought I’d spread the word for you!
What I think about T.J.Maxx
Now that I’ve found great deals on name brand, top quality clothes for my kids, I will be back again. All 4 items above cost less than $50 at T.J.Maxx. That is pretty good for the pieces and brands that I chose. The best part about T.J.Maxx is that every time you go, they have new stuff to choose from. I still need a few more items for fall for my kids, including more jeans and long sleeve shirts. Then, when it gets really cold in December, I”ll be heading for long sweaters, hoodies, and coats!
I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of T.J.Maxx and Marshalls and received a gift card to facilitate my review and thank me for taking the time to participate.