Keeping your tub clean and new looking is easier with one easy step – waxing. In this post, you will learn how to wax your tub and surround. It is a 15 minute task done once a year that will save you hours of cleaning while keeping your tub looking newer for longer.
How to Wax Your Tub and Surround
Waxing your tub and surround will add a protective coating to your tub, just like waxing your car. It will restore dull surfaces with a nice sheen. Plus, it repels water, reducing mineral buildup and spotting making cleaning your tub and surround easy.
- Clean your tub and surround – you don’t want to wax a dirty tub. Allow to dry.
- Choose a wax. You can use a car wax like Turtle Wax or you can spend more money on a Gel Gloss.
- Apply a thin layer of car wax like you would a car.
Be careful to apply the wax on the entire surround and only the sides and edges of the tub and never wax the floor of the tub as it will become very slippery and dangerous. Stay away from the caulk lines too as they can remain the color of the wax.
- Buff the wax with a clean, soft cloth.
- Enjoy a cleaner tub for the next 6 months – 1 year. Reapply once or twice a year.
I hope this post on How to Wax Your Tub and Surround was helpful.